Heart for the City is a ministry to at-risk kids started by Joe Eriquez which challenges the five walls that trap at-risk youth: physical, psychological, intellectual, social and emotional. When no longer limited by the pandemic, they provide coaches, uniforms and equipment for sports teams. They provide transportation to and from school, school supplies and uniforms for many children. They mentor kids spiritually and provide emotional support. They operate a coffee shop where young men and women can get job training. Every year they provide Christmas gifts for hundreds of inner-city kids. And they operate a community garden where kids can learn to grow healthy foods as well as take some of these home to their families.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED-
- Purchase school supplies for needy kids via their Amazon wish list.
- Help in the Community Garden (jobs available that require no bending or kneeling!)
- Donate toys for their Christmas event
- Join Joe’s Coffee Club by visiting the coffee shop inside Peoria City Hall
- Donate via their website or via the AZ tax credit program under League of Champions where 100% of funds will go to them. Up to $400 for a single person or $800 for married couples can be given. See www.aztaxcreditfunds.com for more info.
Contact Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org or website is www.heartforthecityaz.org.